Who is Eligible to Make an Accident Claim?

Even the best drivers can have bad accidents, and one bad accident has the power to derail your life. If you’re in a car accident, you could be waiting a long time to receive a settlement from any insurance company, which means you might not be able to get the treatment you need or recover your vehicle. So, what can you do?

Anyone who has been involved in a motor vehicle accident and is not at fault for the accident can file a motor vehicle accident claim. In fact, filing a claim and working with an accident lawyer can help you get compensation faster than trying to sort it out yourself.

What is a Motor Vehicle Accident Claim?

In a motor vehicle accident claim, the injured party makes a claim against the other party’s insurance for compensation to cover medical expenses and material damages from the accident.

If the other party does not have insurance, then your insurance may cover you for accidents with uninsured drivers, or you may have to sue the other driver. In any case, if the motor vehicle accident is not your fault, you want to minimise the amount your insurance company has to pay.

Why You Need an Accident Lawyer

Most motor vehicle accident claims do not have a black or white resolution. Many times, both parties are found at fault to a certain degree. Therefore, if the accident was not your fault, you should do everything in your power to ensure the other party is predominantly at fault.

An accident lawyer will work with you, the defendant and the insurance companies to collect evidence about the accident and help you collect your damages. Damages include money to cover the damage to your car and medical expenses.

Help Navigating Your Motor Vehicle Accident Claim

If you’re dealing directly with the insurance companies to collect your damages after a motor vehicle accident, an accident lawyer can make the process much easier and more rewarding for you. Evolve Legal is a personal injury practice in Queensland, and we’d be happy to help. To schedule a consultation with us, call 1300 025 101 or complete the contact form.